Re: Importing and exporting just table data ( 250 tables)....

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/08

fred_at_fred.nids.com (Fred) wrote:

>Is there any way just to export than import just the table data without
>explicitly listing every table? There are currently over 250 tables in the
>database!! It would be tedious to list all tables. Should I make a parameter
>file for the import/export process? Any suggestions?

There are options for exporting the entire database, and entire schemas (users) too. Check out the FULL, and OWNER options of exp.

exp user/pswd FULL=y <-- full db backuip exp user/pswd OWNER=user <-- single schema backup

exp help=y                <-- synopsis of all exp options.
                              Words for imp too.
--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!