Re: Power Objects - Is there a market?

From: EndUser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1995/12/08

wrong again. cross platform under both OMO and OPO are not diminished one over the other. they go between nicely, of course there are difference in that you cant use OLE on the mac side, and you cant use toolbox on the pc side, but those are addons anyway. in the mainline products, when the company does it right, there is no reason cross-platform must equal diminished response.

also, cross platform enables the customer, us, to have a lot more freedom when choosing a platform for a given need. today, many pc shops must suffer if they cant fit a mac into their toolset cause they cant get a cross capability, and the revers is certainly true.

the more cross we get, the better it is for ALL of us. as i said, if your world revolves around a single machine, and a single set of tools, you wont see this point.