Re: HELP with CRONTAB and SQLPLUS

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_at_mitre.org>
Date: 1995/12/08

> In article <49f0kf$5vm_at_sol.sun.csd.unb.ca>,

> >>I am attempting
> >>to run the following script file from crontab to run sqlplus and do the
> >>updates.
> >>

> >Message 133 not found; No message file for product=SQLPlus, facility=SP2:
> >Release 3.1.3.5.1 - Production on Tue Nov 28 08:40:20 1995
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> >I had added the following lines to my file;
> >
> >set ORACLE_SID=sql
> >set ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/V7
> >set ORAENV_ASK=NO
> >
> >What should I do next ????

Variables need to be "exported to be seen by subshells and programs. For the C shell, use "setenv" instead of "set". For the bourne and korn shells, you must explicitly use "export".

The "set" that you used indicates that you are using the C shcell and these will be seen only within that shell script, and not by SQL*PLUS.

--
Peter Sylvester
MITRE Corp.