Oracle 6 Import Please Help

From: The THING <colin.millar_at_vuw.ac.nz>
Date: 1995/12/07

We're running a very unfreindly system and I may have caught us out.

To ensure some kind of security we exported some tables in the hope that if it all went to shit we could import them and start from scratch - well it all wen to shit didn't it and I could really use some help in the correct method of importing these tables so as to preserve the user rights etc.

When the tables was exported we exported the table rather than the defaut users

We did export the table data.

Will this mean that we will loose all user grants if we import re creating the table ?

Does this mean we should try and export into an existing but empty table ?

Can this indeed be done ?

Should we export into a new table ( if possible ) and update the existing table from this ?

Help would be very apperciated - due to a recent exodus of experienced staff we're rather short hannded on technical experience - esp on the DBA front.

Thanks in advance...

Colin Received on Thu Dec 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message