Re: Why Oracle Tools?......

From: Michael Taylor <mtaylor_at_postoffice.ptd.net>
Date: 1995/12/07

In article <4a322e$sur_at_mail.one.net>, tluers_at_one.net says...

>I'd love to hear your two cents worth to the folowing question:
>
>As a development environement that uses an Oracle server, why should I
>choose Oracle tools (Forms, Reprts, etc...) for my front end? Why not
>Delphi, Forte, VB, or others?
>
>tluers_at_one.net

At the risk of another flame war, I concur with other advise and say stay away from Oracle development tools if you can. The database is fabulous, but the tools....

My site has alot invested in Forms 4.5 training and apps. The clients need at LEAST 16 Meg. The forms are slow. Runform all by itself is slooow. The features are OK. Support is lousy. Bugs are rampant. etc. etc.

I've used Delphi for NON-Oracle apps and love the user interface and design. I'd like to try it with Oracle. Give it a whirl if you have the opportunity.

As always, just my opinion!!

  • Mike