Re: Power Objects - Is there a market?

From: EndUser <enduser_at_enduser.com>
Date: 1995/12/07

your opinion is so far from reality that it is an obvious invitation to argue.

the truth is, Delphi is a dog cause its pascal based, and its the newest kid on the block, Powerbuilder is dead cause Sybase will not allow them to dally too far from the barn, and VB will remain competitive, but has been challenged with the intro of Oracle Power Objects. and that doesnt even talk about the flagships in the enterprise line from Oracle which are used to build professional tools for real world db. VB is a joke when it comes to interfacing with a large db, it has no tools, and is overly tedious to get running, i can beat it out with hypercard, let alone the gui tools from oracle.