Re: How to find OS username for a session??

From: Alan Nolan-Davies <Alan.Nolan-Davies_at_bcs.org.uk>
Date: 1995/12/06

You can find the username for the current session in much the same way as sysdate.

User is a standard function.

So to find the current time and user for updating last_updated and last_updated_by fields do a select sysdate, user from dual.

Donna Kray wrote:

> What view do I need to use to find the OS username for that paricular
> session? I am using it in a trigger to update an "updated_by" field and I
> want username *and* the OS username. Is v$session the correct view? And
> if so, how do I get the data for only that particular session?
>
> SELECT USERNAME, OSUSER
> FROM ????
> [WHERE ????];
>
> Thanks, DL Kray
> kray.donna_at_mlink.motors.ge.com

Alan Nolan-Davies		tel   : +44 (0)171 344 2924
Oracle DBA			email : Alan.Nolan-Davies_at_bcs.org.uk
_at_Derwent Information		web   : http://www.gold.net/users/fz01