Re: Forms 3.0 => 4.5 Conversion ?

From: Simon Paul at Maverick <simonp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

It was noted that "James D. Smith" <jdsmith_at_llnl.gov> wrote:

>Hello Everybody,
>I am putting together an estimate for my client on how much time it
>will take to convert their Oracle Forms 3.0 to Oracle 4.5 running
>under windows. Has anyone done this? Did you use any third party
>tools to help make the conversion go faster, cheaper, better? Do you
>have an estimate of how long, (roughly), it took you to convert a
>form of average complexity from Oracle Forms 3.0 to Forms 4.5?
>Jim

Bigger than a breadbox....

Seriously though that depends... The third party tools will help to an extent, but it depends how complex the forms are...

The question you ask probably needs to be answered by you. You can probably only answer by doing the work (or some forms at least). I would suggest that the client lets you do some forms and see how you get on with them... but pays on a time and materials basis...

Simon Paul
Maverick Computing
Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants
phone 305 592 9990 fax: 305 592 9974
simonp_at_ix.netcom.com OR 73302,1014 on compuserve Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message