OpenVMS and Oracle

From: Alan Bozof <g596101_at_lg3vm.lasc.lockheed.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

We are currently running OpenVMS 6.2 on a Dec Alpha 8440 with our Oracle RDBMS version at 7.0.16.6. We were told by someone from Oracle not to run this combination of operating system and Oracle version together because of possible data corruption. We were then told by our third party vendor, which gave us our Run-time version of Oracle, that they have not experienced any problems with running OpenVMS 6.2 and Oracle 7.0.16.6 together.

We are interested to hear from anyone that might have had experience with the above or know something about it.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Downey
DBA
Lockheed-Martin Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message