Re: Return Code from SQLDBA Session?

From: Bill Manry - Oracle Corp. <bmanry_at_ibmgate-aix.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

Richard L. Rhodes (rhodesr_at_watt.oedison.com) wrote:
>I'm writing a script that needs to run a SQLDBA session and I want the
>script to check whether the SQLDBA session worked.
[...]

I don't think SQL*DBA will do what you need. The return code issue is a bit tricky since SQL*DBA can issue any number of distinct commands and even connect to multiple databases. Should it return the result of the last request executed? Or the "worst" result from any command?

SQL*Plus does deal with this issue. It involves user-defined variables, conditional logic, the ability to save SQL statement error codes, and an "exit" command that takes an argument indicating the return code.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  Mainframe and Integration Technologies  -  Oracle Corporation
Standard disclaimer applies.