HELP! Graphics drill down within Forms doesn't want to work!!

From: Henry Potgieter <Henry.Potgieter_at_INFO.DKL.DB.ZA>
Date: 1995/12/06

I have the following problem. Can anybody please help!?

I'm using Oracle Forms 4.5 (Designer) Version 4.5.6.3.3 and Oracle Graphics 2.5.5.3.1with ORACLE7 Server Release 7.0.15.6.0 and PL/SQL Release 2.0.17.0.1 and I work under Windows 95. In Oracle Graphics I have a graph on each of four layers. When the user clicks on the X_TICK_LABEL text the drilldown options are set to update a variable (eg. :YEAR) and to execute a query with the updated variable as a parameter. The following procedure is an example of one of the levels' procedures that are executed in conjunction with the drilling down.

PROCEDURE ShowMonthLayer (buttonobj IN og_object,

                         hitobj IN og_object,
                         win IN og_window,
                         eventinfo IN og_event) IS
my_layer OG_LAYER;
my_chart OG_OBJECT;
new_title VARCHAR(30);
BEGIN
/* Show the next level*/
   my_layer:=OG_GET_LAYER('MonthLayer');
   og_activate_layer(my_layer, win);
   OG_SHOW_LAYER(my_layer, win);

/*Change the chart title to be displayed*/

   my_chart:=OG_GET_OBJECT('Treated - Months');    new_title:='Ore Treated ' || to_char(:YEAR);    OG_SET_TITLE(my_chart, new_title);
   OG_UPDATE_CHART(my_chart, OG_ALL_CHUPDA);

/*Hide the top layer*/

   my_layer:=OG_GET_LAYER('YearLayer');
   OG_HIDE_LAYER(my_layer, win);
END; Now this works fine within Oracle Graphics but when I use the graph from Oracle Forms I can see that some processing is taking place when I click on the drill down area (by the amount of time it takes when I click on the drill down area compared to elsewhere on the graph) but the graph is not updated in the display.

First I open the graph when the form is loaded. OG.OPEN('c:\temp\treated.ogd', 'my_chart', FALSE);

Then on the click event on the graph I do the following: OG.MOUSEDOWN('c:\temp\treated.ogd', 'my_chart');

  • Now the graph is not updated.

So I tried changing the click event to:
OG.MOUSEDOWN('c:\temp\treated.ogd', 'my_chart'); OG.REFRESH('c:\temp\treated.ogd', 'my_chart'); - Now I get a message saying - cannot execute PL/SQL procedure.

Thank you in advance! Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message