Re: average starting salaries for DBAs

From: Simon Paul at Maverick <simonp_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

It was noted that lmlcmr_at_primenet.com wrote:

>My company is currently reviewing salaries in the IT dept in an
>attempt to bring them more into line with industry standards. My
>salary review is later this month, and I'd like to go in armed
>with some background info of my own. Does anyone care to comment
>on the compensation scale at his or her company? Can anyone point
>me to a general source of statistics on salaries in computer-related
>professions or to some trade-rag articles?

>Thanks,
>Lisa (the lml in lmlcmr_at_primenet.com)

Lisa,

Down here (Florida), $45-65K is about the range for Oracle DBA's (at least some experience is assumed at the lower end). $65 won't cut it in NY though so you have to think about your location....

Simon Paul
Maverick Computing
Oracle & Oracle Financials Consultants
phone 305 592 9990 fax: 305 592 9974
simonp_at_ix.netcom.com OR 73302,1014 on compuserve Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message