Re: Forms 4.5 Runform Problem

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/12/06

I think that if you run out of "low memory" (below 640K), then Developer 2000 can enter the twilight zone (although it never quite lives in the full light of day ... ).

Lately I, too, have benn occasionally having problems getting the Forms Designer to always launch the runtime form.

This seems to occur when I have the following items running:

  Oracle Reports Designer (I am debugging a report that will be launched   by a form, and need to regnerate the .REP from time to time)

  Oracle Reports Server (started by the last run of the runtime form   launcheding the report)

  SQL*Plus (I need to check the data the report is reading)

  Oracle Forms Designer (tweaking the launching form)

  Programmer's File Editor (I need to edit/create SQL commands to paste   into SQL*PLus)

  With the Oracle products being such memory pigs, and with Oracle's   notorious ignorance of Microsoft Windows realities, I feel that   the limits soon get reached. Just yesterday I even got a "low memory"   warning from Windows 95, even though I have 24 MB physical RAM,   plenty of disk swap space, and my system resouce meter was still in the green.

The only thing left to be low on is low memory. So try shutting down a program or two and see if the Forms Designer can launch the Runtime.

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Wed Dec 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message