Re: Suppress Runform Option Page

From: Karla Johnson <ab803_at_lafn.org>
Date: 1995/12/06

In a previous article, youngpa_at_statcan.ca (Paul Young) says:

>Our applicatiion is a mix of Oracle*Forms 4.5.6 and Oracle*Reports 2.5.
>We wish to launch reports seemlessly from forms. We use RUN_PRODUCT
>to launch reports from forms. At this point in time, we ALWAYS receive
>an options screen with run-time parameters for reports. We want
>to suppress this but do not know how.
>
>Suggestions are appreciated. Thank you in advance.
>

>PGY
Add this parameter to the parameter list you are passing to the .rep:

paramform=no

In implementation, it will look something like...

ADD_PARAMETER(P_LIST, 'paramform', TEXT_PARAMETER, 'no');

...where "P_LIST" is the variable name of your parameter list.

Consult Volume 1 of the Forms reference by looking up GET_PARAMETER_LIST, CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST, DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST, and ADD_PARAMETER if you don't know how to use a runtime parameter list.

Very briefly, it will look something like this...

	PLIST   PARAMLIST;                      -- ID assigned by Oracle
	LNAME   VARCHAR2(nn);                   -- String list name
	[...]
	PLIST := GET_PARAMETER_LIST(LNAME);     -- See if it already exists
	IF NOT ID_NULL(PLIST) THEN
        	DESTROY_PARAMETER_LIST(PLIST);  -- Get rid of the stale one
	END IF;
	PLIST := CREATE_PARAMETER_LIST(LNAME);

        -- Below takes a parameter received by a called form
        -- and propagates it to the called report...

        IF NOT ID_NULL(PLIST) THEN
           IF :PARAMETER.MISC IS NOT NULL THEN
                ADD_PARAMETER(PLIST, 'p_misc', TEXT_PARAMETER,
                      :PARAMETER.MISC);
           END IF;
           [...]   -- Add more parameters here...
	END IF;
	[...]
	-- After building parameter list, run the report...
	RUN_PRODUCT(REPORTS, RPT_NAME, SYNCHRONOUS, RUNTIME,
		FILESYSTEM, PLIST, NULL);
	[...]

Again, RTFM to get detailed information about passing runtime parameters. Hope this helps.

Karla Johnson

--
Karla Johnson                       |      Internet: karjohn_at_kincyb.com