refering to a variable column

From: Jan Timmermans <we36420_at_vub.ac.be>
Date: 1995/12/04

Hi,

I'm having the following problem: We work with attached oracle tables in an  MS-Access application.
It's possible for the user to add certain columns to the oracle database. In an update trigger we want to read the information in those appended columns. We Know the names of those columns but the question is: How can we refer to  those columns in
embedded SQL? Can we use a variable as the name of the column. We are working with a C-precompiler.
So we want to use something like :

  EXEC SQL DECLARE logincursor CURSOR FOR

	SELECT 	[Variable column name]
	FROM scott.loginallowedtimes
	WHERE USERID = 'test';

Is this possible?
Thanks

Jan Received on Mon Dec 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message