Re: Netiquette RE: Job Postings

From: WMAREK_at_DELPHI.COM <(WMAREK_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 1995/12/04

Karen,

This subject came up about a year ago when job postings started to become more prevalent. The consensus at the time was that it was OK.

I stopped reading misc.jobs.offered because there were enough Oracle related postings here. Please Please PLEASE!!! do not take this as meaning it is open season for spamming job postings. Just post resposibly and make sure your headers are explicit.

If the net.consensus has changed we can always create a new group.

BTW, I am living proof that job searching on the internet works. I had over 10 interviews and landed a great new job without sending out a single paper resume. I only emailed responses to articles posted in misc.jobs.offered and comp.databases.oracle.

Walt Received on Mon Dec 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message