Re: Splitting of the Oracle group

From: Bruce Murphy <no email>
Date: 1995/12/04

I also beg to differ. When I come in on a Monday, I typically have 250-400+ messages waiting. I usually do a read all and then start my week from there.

I looked at one of the other groups, they split theirs out as follows:

  Third-Party ie: comp.databases.oracle.thirdparty

  Database      ie: comp.databases.oracle.database
  Announce     ie: comp.databases.oracle.announce
  Misc             ie: comp.databases.oracle.misc

The third party is for third party vendor products discussions, the database is questions most of us would like to see on oracle, the announce is for new products, vendors, etc. to let us know what is happening in the industry, and the misc is for those things that don't fall under one of the other three. Yes, some people cross post because they don't understand what each group was setup for (don't read the FAQ), but I found that those who do ususally are polite and will let others know.

This would get rid of alot of junk filling up areas you don't want to see or subscribe to. Just me $.02 worth.

Bruce

>==========Mark A. Abell, 12/1/95==========
>I beg to differ. I too would like to see this group split.
>The question of who is in the majority can be simply solved by
>calling for a vote on the issue. I beleive that you will find a
>majority in favour of some sort of split.

Nothing to Do! Received on Mon Dec 04 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message