Re: Splitting this newsgroup ?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1995/12/02

stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU (Steve Cosner) wrote:

>Regarding the two messages below: I thought that if you read a
>cross-posted message in one group, it gets marked as read in all the
>other groups you subscribe to. Therefore, you would only see it once.
>Am I right or wrong?

Some newsreaders might. I use Agent .99c and it doesn't manage the cross postings. Agent alledge that it will oneday. Until then you see the crossposts in each group.

>As for subjects that may be of interest to more than one group, they
>should be cross-posted.

Not needed if the group is left intact.

>As for some subjects being missed, all of us can subscribe to all the
>new groups. Wouldn't this work?

HA HA HA.

>Regards,
>Steve Cosner

George Dau
gedau_at_mim.com.au Received on Sat Dec 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message