Re: Splitting this newsgroup ?

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1995/12/01

I also think that the group should not be split, because of the cross posting that would result.

It would make it much easier for all of us if everyone would think a bit more before posting. There are two types of common posting which we could do without.

  1. Questions whose answers are easy to find from the manuals.
  2. Answers of the form "I don't have the manual with me right now but I seem to remember ... ", ususally followed by incorrect information.

Of course, a well organised FAQ would help. (I am not volunteering). Perhaps Oracle could pay someone to organise an FAQ? Received on Fri Dec 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message