Re: Backing up raw partitions

From: Nick Price <nprice_at_mango>
Date: 1995/12/01

Gunnar Orvarsson (gunnaro_at_hafro.is) wrote:

: Dear Oracle administrators,

: We're running Oracle 7.1.6 on a Sun SPARC under Solaris. We're using raw
: partitions. We're wondering which way would be the best to back them up,
: and would therefore like to hear of other people's experiences.

: We're using dd, are there other alternatives, that would give better
: performance, reliability, flexibility, etc.?

You could try one of the many commercial backup tools. If your site is large look at Legato's Networker with the Oracle option.

Nick

--
+    Nick Price                               Technical Consultant             +