Help

From: Atul Ashar <aka_at_ulysses.att.com>
Date: 1995/12/01

Hi,

I two questions w.r.t. oracle.

  1. How do I switch off transaction log for session. This is equivalent to "set nologging" in Ingres. This saves lots of time for DML statements.
  2. How do I accept username and password in Pro*c program similar to SQL Plus. This program will be run from different types of terminals and different Unix systems hence it should be plateform independant as much as possible.

i.e. If user passes username and password while invoking then I should ask for it.

     If user passes username while invoking then I have to ask for password but
        while user is typing it, it should not be echoed on screen.
     If user does not pass either of it then ask for user with echo on screen on
        and ask for password with echo off.

   I have tried it using curses routines but I could not do it.

Help will be greatly appreciated,

TIA, Atul Ashar Received on Fri Dec 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message