Re: GPF in Developer/2000 (from a neophyte)

From: Lee levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1995/11/30

Gosh, this sounds familiar - get ready for tonnes of GPF mail!! We had a slightly different problem here: if we changed the property class on a canvas it GPFed. This was in V4.5.5, and I thought it would be fixed in Dev/2000.
I hope this isnt a brand new blank canvas, with nothing in it, for if so, I probably cant help.
If not, try changing the name FIRST, before you add any properties - and possibly before you assign any items (might help). We have a basic rule for canvases that you save before you try anything fancy - and dont ever duplicate a canvas, tempting though it is.

One explanation for these GPFs is that there seem to be times when Forms simply chews up too many resources and the system crashes.
You could try running a programme called FIX1MB that Oracle makes available.
See their WWW site: http://www.oracle.com.

HIH
Lee

      /\/\      :  Lee Levy, ISSD Systems Development
     / / /\     :  BHP Information Technology (WOLLONGONG REGION)
    / / /  \    :  PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia
   / / / /\ \   :  ACN 006 476 213
   \ \/ / / /   :  Telephone:  +61 42 75-5485  (tie-line 8855-)
    \  / / /    :  Facsimile:  +61 42 75-5500
     \/\/\/     :  Internet :  levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily those of either my employer or their clients

In article <49i0rt$l8l_at_xenon.brooks.af.mil>, Meredith Poor <meredith.poor_at_vanadium.brooks.af.mil> says: