Re: Splitting this newsgroup ?

From: Andrew Zitelli <zitelli_at_tus.ssi1.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU (Steve Cosner) wrote (with deletions):
> Regarding the two messages below: I thought that if you read a
> cross-posted message in one group, it gets marked as read in all the
> other groups you subscribe to. Therefore, you would only see it once.
> Am I right or wrong?

This only works for the messages one chooses to read. It is the messages I do not read that I don't want to see cross-posted in five different places. I would not expect people posting items like:

    $$$$$ READ ME - FREE MONEY, BEER AND GREAT JOB IN USA $$$$$$ to post only in comp.oracle.databases.jobs. As it is, many of these postings seem to be reposted several times on a single day.

I would prefer that this newsgroup not be split.

Thanks!

  • Andy Zitelli