Re: catproc.sql

From: Charles Dye <cdye_at_dnt.dialog.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

Walter,

It would appear that your rbs tablespace is to small, or you have rollback segments that have grown substantially but not shrunk back down (not created with the OPTIMAL parameter.

Since you're trying to run catproc.sql, I assume your db is very new. I would suggest

	(a) dropping and recreating the rb segs in tablespace RBS (if the tablespace
	    seems reasonably large)
or
	(b) Making the tablespace RBS larger by adding a datafile
or
	(c) Both -- drop the rollback segs, and the tablespace and then recreate
	    them such that the tablespace is bigger (100MB is reasonable).

Always create rollback segments w/ the OPTIMAL parameter set. Note that the oracleins utility does not do this for you if you let it create your db (at least not on Solaris/Oracle V7.1.6 and probably not any other platform/version).

Regards,
Charles_Dye_at_corp.dialog.com