Re: Read any good books lately?

From: Milwaukee Tool <metco_at_earth.execpc.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

Chris Kasten (kasten_at_brookings.net) wrote: : Dan Mindler <dan_at_leis.bellcore.com> wrote:

: > Any recommendations for good books on Oracle Programming
: > (PL/SQL) and/or administration? You can assume the ready
: > has an understanding of SQL.

: "Oracle PL/SQL Programming" by Steven Feurstein,
: published by O'Reilly and Associates is an excellent
: reference.

I'd like to tack on a question burning in my mind:

What about documentation for sqlplus?

Are PL/SQL and sqlplus related? I just aquired Oracle v7.0.16.4 by purchasing a VAR's product that bundles said DB. Of course, the sqlplus came bundled without on-line help, and as i'm sure you'd agree, sqlplus is a pain in the ass without major tweaking (read, "not user friendly - you'd never figure it out without a FM").

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,

Jon Detert, 414.783.8527
execute PL/SQL statements from within sqlplus Received on Thu Nov 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message