Re: Starting Oracle on an HP9000/700

From: Brian M. Biggs <bbiggs_at_cincom.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

john.dixon_at_bsis.com (John Dixon) wrote:
>glh_at_bnr.ca (Contractor) wrote:
>>Could anyone enlighten me as to how to get oracle to consistently start up
>>from /etc/rc.local upon reboot/startup etc?
>>Geoff Hughes
>
>See your Oracle7 Installation & Configuration Guide for your platform.
>(usually under the Post-installation Tasks section) Oracle provides
>two scripts, dbstart and dbshut, to assist in doing this. The only
>thing they lack is functionality for starting/stopping SQL*Net.

We use the following entries in our /etc/rc file in the localrc function to automatically start SQL*Net V2 and all Oracle databases on our HP 9000 Series 700/800 machines. Don't forget to change all the 'N' entries to a 'Y' in the /etc/oratab file.

        #
        # Start the SQL*Net V2 (2.1) listener process
        #
        echo "Starting Oracle SQL*Net V2 Listener"
        su - oracle -c "lsnrctl start"
        #
        # To start Oracle databases, based on the /etc/oratab file
        #
        echo "Starting Oracle databases..."
        su - oracle -c "dbstart >\${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/dbstart.log 2>&1"

--
Brian M. Biggs                             mailto:bbiggs_at_cincom.com
Cincom Systems, Inc.                       voice: (513) 677-7661

Original text of this message