Re: Date and year 2000?

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/11/30

 S. Kannan <skannan_at_cardinal.fs.com> writes:

>My guess is that after the year 2000 the implicit century value may change
>to 20 (just like it is 19 now and assuming that 19 has not be "hard coded").
>So 05 and 95 would probably read as 2005 and 2095, respectively.
>
>Changing DD-MON-YY to DD-MON-RR would be a safer solution.

And changing to DD-MON-RRRR would be even better, so you "hit your users over the head" with the actual resuling year. ("RRRR" format still allows entry of 2-digit years in Oracle Forms, but then immediately displays the actual 4-digit year.)

  • Rick --

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.) Received on Thu Nov 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message