Re: Beta version of Developer 2000 for Mac

From: Craig Harper <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/11/29

idc1035_at_innet.be (Peter Van den Broeck) wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I recently downloaded the Developer 2000 version for Mac. After the
>necessary conversions and copying over the network (because my diskspace was
>not enough), I managed to get a copy of the CD for about 105 Mb.
>
>From there on I used the installer to install a full version on my disk.
>All went well (except for copying the file 'Oracle Tools Preferences', he
>copied it into my system folder in the map Preferences, but my Mac is in
>Dutch and then the name of the folder is 'Voorkeuren' ; but that was a
>minor problem and undoubtetly solved in the production version). The
>problem now is that if I want to start a program he gives a an error :
>can't find Library OracleCoreLib (or another lib). I can see the libraries
>are on the disk, so that isn't the problem. It should have something to do
>with the installion.
>
>I'm using a PowerPC 7100/80 with 24 Meg of RAM. However I have installed
>the previous version of Oracle Forms installed on it and maybe there is a
>problem there. (I already noticed conflicts with the Oracle Home
>directory).
>
>Has anyone had these problems and how did you solve it ? Or if you haven't
>had them, how do you think you can solve it ?
>
>Thx.
>
>Peter.
>Belgium.
>
>PS : The reason why we're installing this Betaversion is because we
>evaluating this software on the mac and on the PC. Maybe we're gonna
>change from platform but more about that in another message in this
>newsgroup.
>
>--
>The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Have you tried rebuilding the desktop DB, just because you can see the files does not mean that your mack can.

You may want to run a disk utility tool like, Nortons, or Mac Tools Pro, their may be bad bundle bit, resource fork coruption etc.

Good Luck.

Craig Harper
IFTN Received on Wed Nov 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message