Re: How can system tables be converted to user tables?

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/29

ronald_at_mix004.nwg.dec.com (Ronald van der Burg) wrote:

>Hi,

>Thanks for reading. Currently we are trying to get an Oracle db running on a
>server. Tables have been generated, but all the tables became system tables.
>They should have been user tables. Is it possible to convert system tables to
>user tables? If so, how to do so?

>Thanks in advance!

>Ronald van der Burg

By "system tables" do you mean they were created in the "system" user/schema? That's what I'm going to assume.

What you want to do is export the tables from the system user and import them to the correct user. In unix, the commands are...

exp system/system_passwd tables=\(table1,table2\)

imp system/system_passwd fromuser=system touser=correct_user

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!