Re: tnslsnr stuck

From: Noah Monsey <noah_at_indirect.com>
Date: 1995/11/29

Chuck Hamilton (chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Mike Most <yoram_z_at_dialup.netvision.net.il> wrote:

: >Hp-Ux9, Oracle 7.1.4, SQLNet 2.1.4.1

: >About once or twice a day, our sqlnet listener process,
: >tnslsnr, hangs. Client users cannot log in (stuck),
: >the 'lsnrctl status' command hangs, and I cannot detect
: >anything unusual in the trace (admin). Locally, everything
: >is fine.

: >Does this sound familiar to anyone?
: >Any suggestions??

Sounds real familiar. I had a problem running lsnrctl from the bourne shell.
The solution was to start lsnrctl with the "nohup" command . . .
nohup lsnrctl start > /tmp/nohup.out

: >Thanks much.

: Sounds like the same problem we had with the 2.1.4.1 listener on
: Netware. Does it sometimes hang even if you try to run a STATUS from
: the lsnrctl program? Ours did. We called ORACLE and found out it's a
: known bug. There's a patch available to fix it which they'll send you
: at no charge assuming you've got the maintenance agreement. We're now
: using 2.1.4.6 and it's been running for weeks without a problem.

: --
: Chuck Hamilton
: chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

: Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

  • ========= ========= ========= ========= Noah Monsey noah_at_indirect.com
  • ========= ========= ========= ========= The only dumb question is the one that you don't ask.
  • ========= ========= ========= ========= Oracle Master Database Administration April 1992 Oracle Master Application Development April 1992