Re: How can users be arranged into a group?

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/11/28

>>==========Ronald van der Burg, 11/28/95==========
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Thanks for reading. I created a number of user accounts on an Oracle db,
>>each
>>with default tablespace 'USERS'. If one user creates a table, how can it
>>be
>>made visible to other users?
>>
>>Unix makes it possible to arrange users into a group. All users belonging
>>to a
>>group can share files easely. Can this be done in a similar way with
>>Oracle?
>>If so, how?
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>
>>Ronald van der Burg

use the grant command to grant desired access to the tables to either public, a role, or to individual users. You must also then create either a public synonym or a synonym owned by the role or user to the tables.

HTH
Jim Gregory

PS You need to plow through the ORACLE manual set or get some of the many books on the market relating to ORACLE. These will answer these types of questions in much more detail.

Views and opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect my empoyer's or client's. Received on Tue Nov 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message