Delete cascade report

From: gmisassoc <gmisrod_at_access4.digex.net>
Date: 1995/11/28

We have a good size relational model with about 500 tables and 2000 elements. Our client wants to implement DELETE. So, we are altering our foreign keys and defining them with the DELETE CASCADE option. That allows us to delete the root and the children below.

Now, our client also wants a report of all records deleted. Anyone out there knows how to get this information from the Oracle system tables. Also, how can I know when I delete if this is a record at the bottom of the tree (no children) or is a record with children.

ANy info or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Received on Tue Nov 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message