** SURVEY--Designer/2000 ...please reply

From: Chaiwat Chanruang <ohh_at_bu.edu>
Date: 1995/11/28

I'm a graduate student in MIS department at Boston University. Currently, we are doing a research on evaluation of CASE tools. Because it is one of the most potential CASE available today, Designer/2000 was among those that we selected. In order to get the most accurate result, we need quite a number of inputs from users of Designer/2000. We found this group a good place to collect the data. Please donate your valuable time responding the following survey.

This survey has two parts. The first part is 1-5 feature rating questions designed specifically for Designer/2000. The second part is verbal question applicable to both Designer/2000 and Developer/2000. If you also familiar with Developer/2000, please include it in your comment.

This survey seems to be very long at first, but it is straight forward and should take you not more than 5 minutes. Any response by email or posting in this group would be appreciate.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Chaiwat
ohh_at_bu.edu

PART I: Please rate the following features of Designer/2000 in 1-5 scale.

        Additional comments are welcome.

OVERALL SYSTEM				     Poor	    Excellent
	Installation Process			1  2  3  4  5
	Manual					1  2  3  4  5
	Context Sensitive Help			1  2  3  4  5
	User Interface				1  2  3  4  5
	Time to Learn (full time)
		1) 1-2 days  2) 3-7 days  3) 2-3 weeks  4) 1 month or more
	Customer Service			1  2  3  4  5
	Overall Satisfaction			1  2  3  4  5

REPOSITORY
	Coordination/Communication Among	1  2  3  4  5  N/A
		Teem Members
	Reusability Across Multiple Projects	1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Integration Among Multiple Repositories 1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Integration with 3rd Party Tools	1  2  3  4  5  N/A

ANALYSIS TOOLS
	Business Process Reengineering		1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Reverse Engineering			1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Capability to Help Analysis		1  2  3  4  5  N/A

MODELERS
	Entity Relationship Diagrammer		1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Data Flow Modeler			1  2  3  4  5  N/A

DESIGN TOOLS
	Data Diagrammer				1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Database Design Wizard			1  2  3  4  5  N/A
	Application Design Wizard		1  2  3  4  5  N/A

CODE GENERATORS
	Quality of Client Applications Generated 1 2  3  4  5  N/A
	Need to Modify Generated Code		Yes  No        N/A
	Flexibility for Design Change		1  2  3  4  5  N/A

PART II: Please answer the following questions.

  1. What CASE tools have you used before?
  2. Why did you decide to use Designer/2000 (and/or Developer/2000)?
  3. Approximately by how many percents of productivity do you gain by using Designer/2000 (and/or Developer/2000) when compared to:
    • not using CASE tool?
    • using other CASE tools (please specify)?
  4. What features of the system that you think are most useful?
  5. What features of the system that you think are less useful?
  6. What features that you think the system should have but it doesn't? Do you have any recommendations?
  7. What serious bugs did you find?