Re: ORA 1556 maximum nuber of 99 extents allowed

From: Bhasker Ravikanti <ag850_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/11/28

Even though you set this parameter to 1000, the actual value used is O.S. dependant, I know for HP-UX it is 122. To solve this problem, you have to export your table with compress extents option and import it back after dropping. You should also set the NEXT parameter to a bigger value so that this problem will not happen frequently.

Bhasker Ravikanti.

--
E-Mail:ag850_at_Freenet.Carleton.CA