Re: tnslsnr stuck

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/11/28

Mike Most <yoram_z_at_dialup.netvision.net.il> wrote:

>Hp-Ux9, Oracle 7.1.4, SQLNet 2.1.4.1

>About once or twice a day, our sqlnet listener process,
>tnslsnr, hangs. Client users cannot log in (stuck),
>the 'lsnrctl status' command hangs, and I cannot detect
>anything unusual in the trace (admin). Locally, everything
>is fine.

>Does this sound familiar to anyone?
>Any suggestions??

>Thanks much.

Sounds like the same problem we had with the 2.1.4.1 listener on Netware. Does it sometimes hang even if you try to run a STATUS from the lsnrctl program? Ours did. We called ORACLE and found out it's a known bug. There's a patch available to fix it which they'll send you at no charge assuming you've got the maintenance agreement. We're now using 2.1.4.6 and it's been running for weeks without a problem.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!