Re: Oracle hits new low (for me) in telephone support

From: Todd Luton <tluton_at_erols.com>
Date: 1995/11/28

Mike McCurdy wrote:

> I waited 20 minutes to talk to a front-line person in the PC-networking
> group and never got ANYONE - I finally gave up. And the Cal State
> University system is actually paying for this service.

I agree with you that the customer support can be horrible at times, especially if you have bronze support. Upgrading to silver support for our Forms/Reports helped us considerably.

I also took to keeping a log of contacts with tech support. Make sure you get their name. I include the time of the call, time on hold, subject discussed, etc. This way if you call back you can at least locate the original person you talked to. This takes some time, but it provides a running record of the problem and some ammo if feel like complaining.

I am somewhat surprised they are that slow. It seemed to me that they were getting much better. I used to sit on hold for 45 minutes 6 months ago. Lately its just a minute or two, and the tech support pretty competent. Received on Tue Nov 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message