Oracle Reports 2.0 and Emulators

From: Loh Kir Chern <mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 1995/11/27

Dear World,

I posted this entry but it disappeared after 1 day. Anyway could anyone know any of the followings ?

  1. I have developed a number of Reports using Oracle Reports 2.0.14.8.0
    (Motif GUI) and a number of them now need to be printed on dot matrix
    printer (Epson LQ-1170 ESC/P2). How do I convert these reports to character mode ?
  2. I use eXceed 5 to emulate my applications running Forms 4.0, Reports 2.0 from my PC (client). I encounter "bus error - core dump" upon switching between windows. However this does not occur when I run in UNIX (IRIX 5.3 of SGI). Anyone has similar encounter ? Here is how I code :

Assume Item_A reside in Blk1, canvas_1 and in window_1. Item_B reside in Blk2, canvas_2 and in window_2. Assume also that Item_A and Item_B are buttons

So to go to window_2 from window_1, I would write a WHEN-PRESSED-BUTTON on Item_A with the statement
go_item('blk2.Item_B') ;

similarly to go to window_1 from window_2, I would code WHEN-PRESSED- BUTTON on Item_B with
go_item('blk1.Item_A') ;

What could have caused this "bus error - core dump ?"

3. Everytime I want to print, I have to go Choose Printer and select a printer. Is there anyway I can save my printer as default without having to hard code using setenv etc ?

Thank you in advance

Rgds
Kir Chern, Loh
(Inst Of Molecular And Cell Biology
National University Of Singapore
Email : mcblohkc_at_leonis.nus.sg) Received on Mon Nov 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message