Re: USDA has Oracle Year 2000 problems

From: Charles Meredith <chazz_at_cais.com>
Date: 1995/11/26

        In all of what you've posted, I could not find where they said they had a problem with Oracle and the year 2000. As I read it, they had Oracle available as a possible means to solve the problem.

        In any event, when using the DATE type, I cannot see how you would have a year 2000 problem in Oracle. If the data is entered as ASCII -- like YYMMDD or such -- then I cannot see how your package would overcome this. I know of no way you can design out DBA incompetence. Received on Sun Nov 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message