Forms setting Package Vars ?

From: Craig <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/11/25

I have a forms 4.5 app that has an attached lib, the lib is a package ( body and spec). There are a number of variable on the speck side that get populated with an init package proc. That works fine.

I am trying to update these variables with data generated from the form side. I have tried the following methods with no luck:

  1. COPY('block.item','package_name.variable'); -- no update
  2. package_name.variable := :item; -- no update

If anyone can point out what I am doing wrong I would be very greatful. I have thought about creating a procedure that I pass the forms side data ie update_package(var_name,....) and have the package then set the package variables, but if there is an easier way I would live to hear about it.

Thanks All,

Craig Harper                                                                                                                        =

International Financial & Trading Network v)415.583.4528
f)415.583.5536
caharper_at_hooked.net

Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking. Received on Sat Nov 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message