What is contracting like in US?

From: Steve Roach <steve_at_stercon.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/11/25

Can any British contractors who are working on contract (or have recently) in the US please share your experiences with me. I am currently contracting in the UK but want to *get offshore*. Are there any major difficulties (immigration, health insurance, etc.)? What are the going rates for expats? How variable is this? How do the rates / cost of living look? Did you enjoy the experience?

Thank in advance.

Steve

Steve Roach                  | I've kissed your mother twice
0973 162755                  | And now I'm working on your dad