Re: Splitting this newsgroup ?

From: Craig <caharper_at_hooked.net>
Date: 1995/11/25

noah_at_indirect.com (Noah Monsey) wrote:
>Steinar Gravdal <sgravdal_at_oslonett.no> wrote:
>
>>Hi !
>>
>>Wouldn't it be a great idea to split this newsgroup into some
>>smaller branches ? Oracle products are increasing very
>>fast in numbers, and I have prolems following this
>>group (among many others). I have some suggestions :
>>
>>comp.databases.oracle.dba
>>comp.databases.oracle.financials
>>comp.databases.oracle.cdetools
>>comp.databases.oracle.dev2000
>>comp.databases.oracle.po7
> comp.databases.oracle.jobs
> comp.databases.oracle.misc
> comp.databases.oracle.sql
>

>>and so on ....
>>
>>Anyone agree ?
>>
>>Steinar
>>
> Yes I agree that there is too much traffic in this group,
> and it does need to be broken down into smaller
> subtopics.
>
> The charter for the new groups should explicily
> state that job posting should only go into
> comp.databases.oracle.jobs. In my opinion
> there are too many job postings in
> comp.databases.oracle.
> (with a lot of non Oracle jobs)
>========= ========= ========= ========= =========
>Noah Monsey noah_at_indirect.com
>The only dumb question is the one that you don't ask.
>Oracle Master Database Administration, April 1992
>Oracle Master Application Development, April 1992

Splitting the group has my support!!!!

Craig Harper                                                                                                                        =

Thinking is more interesting than knowing, but less interesting than looking. Received on Sat Nov 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message