Re: How to run sql*ldr from pl/sql ?

From: Keenan Teylouni <wendy.waring_at_mq.edu.au>
Date: 1995/11/24

In article <DHoMDB.9ny_at_cix.compulink.co.uk>, esha1_at_cix.compulink.co.uk says... I've asked an someone at Oracle how to run an executable program from a trigger (PL/SQL), and they tell me that it's not directly possible with the current release. What is possible is to use dbms_pipes to send a message to a watchdog process running in background. This background process could then (on receiving the piped message) fire off sqlldr. Alternatively, dbms_alert could send a signal to the waiting background process. dmbs_pipes and alerts are described in the application developers manual.

Regards

Keenan Teylouni