Re: Visual Basic to Oracle

From: Jamie O'Shaughnessy <joshaugh_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/11/24

On Thu, 23 Nov 1995 11:47:52 UNDEFINED, csmall_at_HypBus.Com (Caleb Small) wrote:

>Can someone please help me with a technical question?
>
>We need to use Visual Basic as a front end for an Oracle 7 database. We have
>tried using ODBC to accomplish the connection, but found it to be unreliable.
>It generates various errors and crashes the client machine often.
>
>What other tools and options exist for connecting Visual Basic to Oracle 7?
>
>I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has successfully accomplished this.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Caleb Small
>csmall_at_HypBus.Com

I'm not too sure about this but I think there are some Oracle OLE data access objects for VB, I think they come with Personal Oracle 7.

Have you considered looking at the latest version of Designer/2000 as it can generate Visual Basic code for you.

Cheers,
Jamie Received on Fri Nov 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message