Re: Schema modeling tools?

From: <dbvision_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: 1995/11/24

> BeijingGeMer_at_NewBie writes:
> In <86482.machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu>, "Cherie Machler" <machl001_at_maroon.tc.umn.edu> writes:
> >If you're going to use it for Oracle, I'd recommend Oracle's
> >Designer/2000 suite of tools. Not only can you do function
> >modelling, process modelling, Entity/Relationship diagramming,
> >etc. you can propogate all of the meta data forward and use
> >it as a start on developing your applications.
> >
> >Check it out.
> >
> >Cherie Machler
>
> will it check normalization ? or any normalization related functions?
> thank you.
>

> Yuan

You can also use ERwin from Logic Works. ERwin does Reverse and Forward Engineering, but is not a CASE tool like Designer/2000. We use both products.

You can combine ERwin with DB-Examiner (DBE) from Bradmark.

DBE check normalization and much more and generates the necessary command strings to coreect the datamodel you have made in ERwin or DESIGNER/2000 Tore Johannesen

DBVision
GL. Kongevej 47B
DK-1610 Kobenhavn V
tlf: +45 33 25 02 47