Connecting Delphi / WfW3.11 to Oracle / HP-UX sql server?

From: Uwe Schuerkamp <stico!hoover_at_dim.chemie.uni-bielefeld.de>
Date: 1995/11/22

Dear netters,

we're trying to connect to an Oracle Sql server running on an HP UX host using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.11. We have tried to find out about how to do this with the Borland support line, but people there have been extremely unhelpful telling us to obtain a valid contract first before they would answer such questions.

All we would like to know if it is possible with an out-of-the-box delphi installation (or out-of-the-CD, rather :-) to access the SQL server running on the HP-UX machine. It has an entry in /etc/services on port 1525 which points to the name "orasrv".

Please reply by email if possible as I do not follow these groups regularly. I'll summarize if there's general interest.

Thanks in advance for your time,

        Uwe.

--
hoover_at_dim.chemie.uni-bielefeld.de================Phone: +49-5221-185-238