Re: Microsoft Access to Oracle?

From: <Erik.Lie-Nielsen_at_mfr.uib.no>
Date: 1995/11/22

In article <48t08t$hu9_at_sue.cc.uregina.ca>, <kramer_at_HERCULES.CS.UREGINA.CA> writes:
> Hello Oracle Gurus!
>
> Are there any tools, wizards, programs, etc. of getting the
> Microsoft Access 2.0 Tables and databases into Oracle? The
> company I work for has lots of data in Access and would like
> to easily port over to Oracle. We know about the 'flat file'
> approach but if there is a commercial product available that
> could automate the process, please reply.

The QAD way of doing this is to export the tables directly from Access to Oracle. It's not perfect but at least your data is ported nice and easy. As far as I have found out you have to maintain your indexes, constrints and other stuff manually.

erik

Erik Lie-Nielsen
Medisinsk fødselsregister              Medical Birth Registry of Norway
Universitetet i Bergen                 University of Bergen
Armauer Hansens Hus, N-5021 Bergen     Tel  : +47 5597 4995
Email: Erik.Lie-Nielsen_at_mfr.uib.no     Fax  : +47 5597 4998