Re: Need SQL Reserved words list for DB/2, Ingress, MS-Access. Summary will be created.

From: Kirk Bradley <kbradley_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/11/22

In fact, there should NEVER be a need to know the reserved word list if the SQL system is ANSI compatible. ANSI says that they own all future words (not in those words of course) and that the only way for users to guarantee ANSI compatible SQL forever is to enclose their object names in double quotes. So:

   SELECT "SELECT" FROM "FROM" WHERE "WHERE" = "OVERTHERE" will always work properly. Some non-ANSI compliant systems will have problems cause they use single and double quotes interchangeably. They will have to be fixed sometime.