Oracle on Power PC (Windows NT) - anyone?

From: Andrew Deighton <andrew_at_cm.co.za>
Date: 1995/11/22

Hello, World

Is there anyone running Oracle's front ends on IBM Power PC's under windows NT? I have tried to do this, but the installer falls over with an "Invalid instruction" message.

Perhaps I am trying to install the wrong software. I was told there is no specific front end for NT (Forms, SQL*Plus, etc), and that I must use the products for windows. This seems a bit of a problem. (Is this correct?)

We are currently evaluating new hardware for our front end users and developers, and the options we are considering include:   IBM Power PC running Windows NT,
  IBM Power PC running AIX,
  HP9000/712 runninh HPUX,
  INTEL based Pentium running windows NT.

If anyone has any good, bad, or ugly stories to tell, please tell me, we have to reace a decision quite quickly. (Personally I like the HPUX route, but there seems to ba a lack of office automation products to compliment it :-( )

Please e-mail any thoughts you may have.

| Andrew Deighton | e-mail : andrew_at_cm.co.za |
| Technical Consultant | Phone : 27-(0)31-325541 |
| Computer Management (Pty) Ltd | Fax : 27-(0)31-325552 |
| Durban | All views expressed are mine, not |
| South Africa | those of my employer or any other |
| 4001 | organisation to which I belong. |