Any Doc?

From: Phillip A. Leach <pleach_at_ice.net>
Date: 1995/11/21

I am in the process of writing a relatively simple cgi, in C, to query data from an Oracle db on the unix platform. I have some SQL experience; mainly with DB/2. I also have written cgis on the Mac to query data from a FoxPro database.

I know that basically I need to connect to the database, open a cursor, bind program variables to database fields, fetch records, and close the connection all while checking for errors. I have looked at TSS and Decoux. From these I have determined that straight C functions and embedded SQL commands exist to do what I need.

My question is: "Is there doc, html pages, books, whatever, and/or program examples that list and explain the various C functions and SQL commands that can be used to access an Oracle database.

Thanks. Received on Tue Nov 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message