Re: Still waiting for someone here to help me start up my database...

From: Fred Wiersma <f.wiersma_at_tfdl.agro.nl>
Date: 1995/11/21

In article <DIBGLs.JEn_at_news.zippo.com>,

   rwoodard_at_allenpress.com (Rob Woodard) wrote:

>I asked a week ago if anyone could help me start up my PO7 for Win95
 database;
> no-one has answered! That either means that a) nobody saw my post; b)
>nobody knows how to start up their database either; or c) nobody cares. I'd
>like to think it was a or b...
>
>C'mon, I'm not asking for someone to give me a course for free; just tell me
>how to get into this thing! Just running orastart.exe doesn't cut it. I get
>an error saying it couldn't connect to the database. What could it be?

If it is Personal Oracle for win3.1: Will not work under win95. If it is the beta Personal Oracle for Win95: Have you installed sqlnet 2.2 beta (in the same kit)? I seem to remember that it uses sqlnet 2.2 to connect to the local database. Did you install the database?

BTW, I did not react before to your post because you gave too little information. In general: describe your problem as detailed as possible, including what you tried to correct the problem.

Cheers,

Fred Received on Tue Nov 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message